Experienced Forklift Truck Drivers Course
The course caters for a maximum of three students per Instructor, per Forklift, over a 2.5 day (20hr) period.
On completion of this course the student will;
A) Be aware of the relevant legislation (Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005) and the Duties of Employers and Employees.
- The Principles of the Forklift Truck
- Basic Maintenance Requirements
- Battery Care and Maintenance
- Refuelling with LPG
- Safe Operation of the Forklift Truck
- Accidents and Safety Procedures
B) Sit a theoretical Exam (minimum pass mark 80%) and take a practical test of Basic Operator Skills on a purpose built course. The maximum penalty points which may be incurred on the Practical Test is 40.
All of the above criteria are in line with the guidelines laid down by the RTITB to its Accredited instructors.